The principles that guide our organization…
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- Acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- Studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- Respect for individuals
- The value of diversity
- The empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.